Hail and Howdy All,
Four days of failure in trying to get my copy of the MoP Beta running was starting to get me down. I’m not sure if I’m tired of reading the forums for a fix, or if I’m utterly exhausted of the repeated attempts to login. Here is a small list of problems I’ve had so far since last Thursday evening:
- Error code #132
- Error code #0
- Demonology causing game freezes, and it’s still causing it whenever I can actually login
- Having to rename my “Updates” folder
- Having to download and reload my startup files
- Having to completely download my entire Beta Client
Where do I stand now for getting back into the Beta? No idea! I’m still trying to find out myself, but I’ll keep trying and I’ll keep you posted. Bah! Sometimes in life, it’s the small setbacks that can either motivate you or break your spirit down. So rather than mope around and have a pity-party about my problems, I’ve decided to turn my sad, unfortunate tale into something fun and positive. Who in the hell doesn’t love a good contest anyway? Am I right? You may have read a few of my other posts and segments called, “What Not to Wear for Warlocks” and I hope you enjoyed them. Don’t worry, I plan to do more in the future just to keep reminding everyone how important it is to look good while your being bad. You may have also participated or followed Saga over at Spellbound when they hosted, “The Worst Warlock” Tmog contest, and I’m sure we’ve all seen some pretty pathetic looking ‘locks making us shake our heads, and wishing those players would re-roll a mage or a spriest. After reading about Saga’s contest, I soon found found myself wondering why we don’t see more good warlock Tmogs? Hell, why don’t we see any great warlock Tmogs?
So the name of the warlock contest is called: The Epitome. For those of you like me, who have to dust off their Webster’s Dictionary, here is the definition of an Epitome just as a quick refresher course.
Epitome (e-pit-o-me) [ih-pit-uh-mee] -noun. 1.) a person or a thing that is typical of or possesses to a high degree the features of a whole class: She is the epitome of darkness 2.) a condensed account, especially of literary work; abstract.
Pretty simple, eh? Email me a picture of your Tmog outfits that you feel are the epitome of warlock greatness and how you believe our class should best be represented to the public. Like all contests though, there are some rules and of course, a great big prize for the winner.
- Only one entry per person (1 picture only, so make it count!)
- Contestants must email an in-game screenshot wearing the items on their warlock; MogIt and other addons don’t count
- Only one item can be used from a full Tier set
- Only one item can be used from a full PvP set
- One one item can be used from a Tier recolored set
- Only one item can be used from a green item set
- Includes only characters level 50+ or higher
- Entries must include a written list of the items being presented, correct spelling of avatar name and the server where the toon is located
- Participants agree that I have permission to post a copy of the picture they send in for the contest
- All entries must be emailed to amijadethewarlock @ gmail Dot Com
- Deadline for the contest is Midnight, Saturday, June 16, 2012
- The winner will be announced at Midnight, Sunday, June 17th, 2012
The winner, after the announcement, will be emailed their prize of a digital code for 1 (one) out of any of these three fabulous mounts of their choosing: Hearth of the Aspects Mount, Winged Guardian Mount, or the Celestial Steed Mount. As you can see by the contest rules, I don’t want to see several thousand Malefic or Rainment sets. Get creative with your Tmog and if you do plan to use any single piece from either a Tier, Tier recolored, or PvP set, I would suggest making sure it doesn’t override the rest of your “theme” or look. The contest is about showcasing ‘locks and not about highlighting a single piece of gear. Mix and match and go crazy with your creativity! The judges of the contest will be yours truly, along with two other anonymous warlock friends of mine who will remain unknown until the contest is over to help remain impartial in their judgements.
If you have any questions about the contest or its rules, feel free to contact me via email or Twitter and I will post your question here on this post in a FAQ section for others to view as well. Until then, have fun and good luck and don’t forget to make our class proud!