I’m finally at Day 11 and hopefully it’s all downhill from here. Derpy me! I got so busy taking part in the 20 Days of WoW Blogging, I totally forgot to put up my post about Sacrificial Pact from last Sunday. So to be fair, I’ll combine both Sacrifical Pact and Dark Bargain into one post and put it up this week.
Day 01 – Introduce yourself
Day 02 – Why you decided to start a blog
Day 03 – Your first day playing WoW
Day 04 – Your best WoW memory
Day 05 – Favourite item(s) in game
Day 06 – Your workplace/desk (photo and/or description)
Day 07 – The reason behind your blog’s name
Day 08 – 10 things we don’t know about you
Day 09 – Your first blog post
Day 10 – Blog/Website favourites
Day 11 – Bad habits and flaws
Day 12 – A usual day in your life/online time
Day 13 – People (players/bloggers) that you admire
Day 14 – This upsets you
Day 15 – Your desktop background (on your computer) and why you chose it
Day 16 – Things you miss (post Cataclysm)
Day 17 – Your favourite spot (in game or outside it)
Day 18 – Your favourite outfit
Day 19 – In your bags/bank
Day 20 – If this was your last day playing WoW, what would you do?
Day 11 – Bad habits and flaws
Being a warlock, can I honestly admit to having flaws? Aren’t we, as dark casters, made perfect from the start? Hrm, if we’re talking about ingame things then I guess my biggest flaw is that I really do try to tolerate mages (much more than I should). I um…*hesitates* I actually know a few mages that not only do I tolerate, but I also talk to – yes, I know…I know! Yes, that fact is true, but I think I tolerate them because they often admit they should have rolled a warlock. Asaphiry, one of my mage-y friends, really IS a true warlock in every sense. Sadly, she just fails to realize it. Trust me, she’s got enough fire, snark, and spit & vigor up there with the best of them :P
Yes, I like where this post is going. If you don’t mind, I’ll list some of my in-game flaws along with some of my RL ones too:
In-game bad habits/flaws
1. Tolerating mages more than I should
2. Leaving my fishing pole equipped after entering a dungeon and we’ve made the first pull. I’ll often point and laugh and tell people it’s my new staff to cover my shame.
3. Sometimes I forget to Soulstone a healer and when someone calls me on it I merely reply back, “Based on how the rest of you are playing I thought it would be safer to use as a battle rez.” I’m glad I can use that as an excuse now.
4. I have my flying mount and ground mount buttons keybound on my Naga Razor mouse. I’m scared to look at how many time’s I’ve fallen to my death while flying because I hit the wrong button and dismounted in the air. I really need to rip those keybinds off, but I’m too lazy :)
5. I’m a sucker for helping a friend – whenever someone asks for help I usually can’t say no. It’s even so bad that I’ve put things off. Before anyone asks, no, you can’t borrow any gold. Trust me I’d loan it to you if I had any.
6. I’m no longer upset/concerned about the gear grind anymore. While this flaw could be seen as good or bad, I actually see it as being good. If you’ve ever watched a dog chase it’s tail, you’ll understand why I no longer let the gear grind tempt me. After WotLK I think my attitude changed dramatically and I had my fill of chasing the never ending moving target of better purple-bling. Don’t get me wrong, I don’t mind getting upgrades at all, I’m just not letting it get me upset or obsessed if I haven’t received an upgrade in over 8 weeks (which is where I’m at now).
7. I always say I’m going to level a new toon and with a different class, but I always keep going back to running my ‘locks, my shaman and my hunter. I think I have like 20 alts all between level 25-50. It’s sad, I know.
RL bad habits/flaws
1. I try to be the best parent I can be, but sometimes I get lost in all the weeds. The reason I say that is because my wife is really good at “being” in our kids world. I’m jealous of her because of that fact. Whereas myself? Well, even though I might be doing something with my kids I’m often lost in thinking about something that needs painting or fixing, or what I need to do for my next big presentation with work instead of living in the moment with them. I do my best and I recognize it as probably one of my worst flaw’s in life.
2. I’m kind of a perfectionist with work to some degree and I put much more pressure on myself than I should; however, I’m proud of what I do and I want to make sure it’s done correctly. I’m getting better at delegating responsibilities to other members on my team and not taking on too much of the work myself which is a habit I’ve been trying to break. I understand I can’t do it all, but sometimes I still try.
3. I’m way too dependent on technology. The other night we lost electric and the internet due to a storm – yes, we’ve had a lot of storms lately *sighs*. It was raid night and we were just finishing up trash to our first boss when my house went black. I should be thankful we were safe and we were only inconvenienced; however, it was another stark reminder of how much I enjoy technology. After the family finally went to bed led by candlight, I sat reading a book on my Iphone until it finally lost it’s charge. I can’t imagine living and not having a smart phone or internet connection. I’m not sure what that says about me either.
4. I’m a carbohydrate freak. You can have candy sitting all around me all day long and I won’t touch it (sans Red Swedish Fish). If you put a fresh, warm loaf of homemade bread or pie out and I’m already slicing into it before you set it down.
5. I often make a lot of mistakes on my blog with spelling/grammar and unless it’s really, unbelievably bad I’m too lazy to change them sometimes. I really do need to go through every post and try to correct them.
6. I put up WAY too many Christmas lights, almost to the point of being another Clark Griswold from the movie Christmas Vacation. It’s a viscious cycle for me. I dread putting them up, I’m happy when I finally put them up, and then I grumble a month later when I have to spend several days taking them down. It’s a love/hate relationship I have with myself when it comes to holiday decorations. It’s for the kids, and neighbors to enjoy right? My wife knows to keep the kids away from me when I’m outside either putting them up or taking them down from all the colorful language I’m often spewing forth as I talk out loud to myself during the process too.
I’m sure I have a lot more bad habit and flaws, but I’m too tired to think at this point ;) I thought about asking my wife to jot a few things down, but she looked at me and said it would take up too much time. She’s such a confidence booster ;) If I can think of anymore I promise I’ll come back and add them as the mood strikes me. Which is really my way nice way of saying I probably won’t. Ha!
Btw, why is it you can read a post over and over about 10x’s, but you don’t see the mistakes until after you hit publish? Murphy’s law I’m sure…